We are looking for a Senior Care Lead – includes alternate weekends
About the Role
The Senior Care Lead post provides a pivotal role to the successful day to day management and care delivery within the residential care homes. It provides clear, effective and dynamic practice leadership to support the highest standards of performance, enabling everyone to have a vibrant and fulfilling life.
As well as providing care, the post holder will co-ordinate and supervise the work of a team of Care Service Assistants. Each team provides an extensive range of personal and social care services to the home’s residents supported by the principles of Avante’s philosophy of care and based on the Eden Alternative.
Senior Care Leads are also responsible for the general supervision of the home in the absence of the management of the home.
Main Duties will include:
• To carry out all activities relating to a residents’ physical, personal, emotional and social wellbeing, as outlined in the individual resident’s Care Plan, using a person centred approach which reflects the Philosophy of Care. To work with the resident, his/her relatives and, if appropriate, the resident’s Advocate. The post holder will have a clear understanding of best practice and will be sensitive to the care needs of anyone living at the home.
• In conjunction with the Registered Home Manager and Deputy Manager, to contribute and support the effective management of the home by the direct delivery of care, by allocating, supporting, supervising and demonstrating the care practices of a team of carers. The post holder will ensure all care is carried out within Avante Care and Support’s Quality Standards and care policies and procedures.
• To assist with the induction training of new staff, and training and development of existing staff to ensure that a consistent, safe and high quality service is delivered and that Avante Care and Support’s Quality Standards are adhered to. This includes being responsible for ensuring their team members understand and are kept up to date with the Residential Quality Manual (RQM). The Senior Care Lead will always set a positive example to their staff in meeting these quality standards.
• To assist the Home Manager to provide and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for staff, residents and visitors by ensuring that all activities are carried out safely. To comply with the Health and Safety and Fire Regulations, and to ensure that staff within the home also comply with these regulations.
If the above sounds like you, join now and benefit from;
- Highly competitive rates of pay
- DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- Pension Contributions
- Free Uniform
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Training & Development Opportunities
- 24/7 access to virtual GP’s, Physiotherapy and counselling with our well-being service
- Employee of the Month & Sparkle Awards
- Flexible working patterns
- Discount at over 800 retailers
- A friendly, supportive, team working environment
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
Unqualified £13.04- Qualified £13.20 per hour
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please complete the online application form below.