Avante Care & Support is a Registered Charity supporting over 1000 older people through our registered nursing and dementia care homes and home care services.
We are proud to be a well-established not for profit organisation, with an experienced and skilled workforce. We are committed to making a positive difference to both individuals and their loved ones through individualised support and guidance.
We are looking for Registered General Nurses – Days or Nights, including working alternate weekends and Relief/Bank Nurses to join our residential home Barnes Lodge in Tonbridge, Kent.
Provide Registered Nurse hands on service and management of clinical interventions directing Health Care Assistants for personal care and minor clinical interventions. Contribute to the business success of the home by organising and managing staff to provide a high standard of nursing and social care for the residents. Deputise for the Nurse Manager and Registered Home Manger when required. Ensure staff under direction provides high standards of care in-line with Avante’s Philosophy of Care, based on the Eden Alternative, in a homely environment in accordance with Avante Care and Support overall Policies, Procedures, Work Instructions and all relevant nursing procedures.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Lead and promote through the care team, a stimulating and caring environment by exhibiting high standards of clinical leadership and nursing care practice. Determined by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Code of Practice, to enhance the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of residents, using person centred approaches.
2. Ensure that each Service User receives nursing care and support appropriate to their individual assessed needs and ensure these are clearly evidenced on the care plan in accordance with the Avante Care and Support quality standards.
3. Provide leadership for a number of Health Care Assistants (HCA) in the delivery of clinical and social care interventions, using a person centred approach to care practice.
4. Lead, assess and liaise with the Nurse Manager/Registered Home Manager and other professional staff, providing an appropriate level of nursing and social care to Service Users.
If the above sounds like you, join now and benefit from;
- · Highly competitive rates of pay
- · DBS (at no cost to yourself)
- · Pension Contributions
- · Free Uniform
- · Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- · Training & Development Opportunities
- · 24/7 access to virtual GP’s, Physiotherapy and counselling with our well-being service
- · Employee of the Month & Sparkle Awards
- · Flexible working patterns
- · Discount at over 800 retailers
- · A friendly, supportive, team working environment
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please complete the online application form below.