Find out More
"*" indicates required fields
Call us Now
0800 206 1442
Find our more
Our response to Covid-19
From 11th November 2021 everyone working in our care homes (including volunteers and visiting professionals) must be fully vaccinated, unless exempt. The requirement to be fully vaccinated was introduced via an amendment to the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and guidance was issued.
The government guidance has recently changed and therefore there is no compulsory requirement for staff to be vaccinated, although Avante as an organisation still encourages our staff to maintain their vaccination protection.
New residents admitted into our care homes, or transferring from another care home or interim care facility no longer need to isolate as long as:
- They have been fully vaccinated for at least two weeks, wherever possible
- They have had no known contact with anyone who currently has COVID-19
- They follow an enhanced PCR and LFD testing regime
Any resident being discharged from hospital following an overnight stay for planned surgery also no longer needs to isolate as long as:
- They are fully vaccinated
- they have had no known contact with anyone who currently has COVID-19
- they receive a negative PCR test once back at the care home
Any resident admitted to hospital for emergency care should be tested for COVID-19 prior to discharge. They should isolate for a period of 14 days even if the result is negative.
Fully vaccinated residents no longer need to isolate if they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive as long as:
- that person is not a suspected or confirmed case of Covid-19
- they receive a negative PCR test
- they take a daily lateral flow test for up to 10 days
- they avoid contact with highly vulnerable residents
- all outbreak measures are followed
All of our staff in our care homes and working out in the community continue to wear PPE and follow infection control procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We encourage all of our staff to maintain their covid vaccination protection.