Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in all aspects of the operation of a computerised payroll system, to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all employees.
- Verify and enter information in the HR system as required to ensure accurate import into the payroll system.
- Provide necessary support to workplaces to ensure they are able to provide accurate information required to run the payroll.
- On an ongoing basis, on receipt of weekly sickness/absence sheets from departments, generally check for errors and record sick hours for SSP and Occupational Sick Pay purposes. On receipt of payroll information check for errors and make the necessary changes or entries in the payroll system.
- Progress pay and pensions’ queries in order to settle matters of uncertainty or those requiring clarification, liaising with the Assistant Payroll Manager where necessary.
- Complete any necessary forms for staff transferring to, joining or leaving the Company.
- Calculate holiday entitlement for starters, leavers and employees who change their contracted hours.
- Preparation of administration forms, letters or any other correspondence as required.
- Ensure all deductions from salary are correctly recorded and forwarded to the appropriate bodies where necessary.
- Ensure the Payroll Liability accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Prepare, reconcile and send pensions information to Avante’s pension providers as required.
- Prepare transfer of costs for those employee’s working in more than 1 department.
- Ensure correspondence, the provision of information and training is dealt with accurately, liaising with other departments as required.
- Ensure deductions relating to pay loans are properly recorded and reconciled.
- To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Assist with the training and motivation of the Payroll Officers to enable them to deliver efficient and effective services.
- Assist the Assistant Payroll Manager and Payroll manager with project work as required.
- Assist the Assistant Payroll Manager to progress complicated pay queries in order to settle matters of uncertainty or those requiring clarification, liasing with other staff where necessary.
- To deputise for the Assistant Payroll Manager during annual leave and sickness.
- Assist the Payroll Manager and Assistant Payroll Manager with Payroll Audits of the Departments.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that are reasonable and are commensurate with the skills required of this post.
- Promote the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy statement, ensuring awareness of differing ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
- Comply with the Health and Safety and fire regulations.
- To carry out any other duties that are reasonable within the responsibility levels of this post.
- The post holder will, on occasion, have access to confidential information about residents, staff and the organisation. It is a requirement that confidentiality is strictly maintained as required under the Company’s policies and procedures.
**** All relevant work instructions will be issued to the post holder.
This job description is provided to assist the post holder to know what his/her duties are. These duties may be amended or added to from time to time following consultation with the post holder, without charge to the level of responsibility appropriate to the post and the salary, in order to provide the best service and assist with the smooth running of the service.
- The ability to work both as part of a team and also on own initiative
- Computer literate
- At least 2 years’ payroll experience
- Good numeracy skills
- Good communication skill
- The ability to deal with people appropriately, helpfully and sympathetically, both in person and over the telephone and to deal calmly with prospective and existing employees in sometimes difficult situations
- The ability to work under pressure and to prioritize work
- Working with multiple conditions of service
- An eye for detail
- Organisational skills
- Experience of a computerised payroll system, Word and Excel
£13.01 per hour – Monday – Friday 30 hours per week.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please complete the online application form below.