Avante Care & Support is a Registered Charity supporting over 1,000 older people through our registered nursing and dementia care homes and home care services. We are proud to be a well-established not for profit organisation, with an experienced and skilled workforce and we are committed to making a positive difference to both individuals and their loved ones as part of our Philosophy of Care.
We are looking for a Registered Care Home Manager to join our residential care home, Bridge Haven, Conyngham Lane, Bridge, Canterbury, Kent CT4 5JX.
Bridge Haven is a mix of residential and dementia 53-bedded home and therefore individuals will need experience working within homes with similar (or greater) numbers of residents.
The job-holder will be responsible for the day to day running of the Care Home, leading a team of care professionals, with a shared passion and commitment for delivering the highest standards of care to our residents. Further, the job-holder will form strong relationships with staff, residents and their families and therefore their presence in the home will be pivotal to its success.
Applicants will have previous experience of managing a care home.
They will have successfully completed an NVQ 4/5 diploma in Care; have a strong background in elderly care (within a care home environment); managerial experience, including being fully conversant with all CQC regulations; excellent communication & interpersonal skills; and a passion for providing high quality care.
Remuneration & Working hours:
- Working Hours: This is a full-time role (37 hours per week). Shift patterns are subject to change, according to the needs of the Care Home and all Home Managers are required to work additional hours and/or weekends, when requested.
- Annual holiday entitlement: 6.6 weeks inclusive of bank holidays (33 full time days).
- Pension: Avante provides an occupational pension scheme and the post-holder may elect to become a member of this scheme. Scheme eligibility is subject to certain terms and conditions, which will be provided to the post-holder, on request, from the Payroll department.
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity to access GP/Physiotherapist/Counselling appointments via health platform
- Participation in Annual Leadership Network
- Training and Development
- Environment: Avante offers a friendly team working environment, together with training & career development opportunities.
Our positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosures which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please note: If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview. We regret to inform you that due to the high volumes of applicants, we do not write to candidates who are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage. In the meantime, we would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Avante Care & Support.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position please complete the online application form below.