To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
This table tells you more about what cookies we use, and why we have them.
Avante Care & Support
|Session cookies are used by our website to perform certain functions such as sending us a message via contact forms on our site, or listing your recently viewed pages. If you choose to disable cookies, you will not be able to use these functions and our site will be unable to alert you to the cause of any errors you may encounter on the website.|
|These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to help us improve the site and identify which information is most important to our visitors. The information provided by these cookies includes the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Our cookies do not monitor your browsing habits once you have left our site. Additional information about these cookies is available on Google’s privacy page.|
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website is used only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting job applications, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing emails for us. These third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you're logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Notice
Avante Care & Support are dedicated to being responsible when collecting and using your personal data. The privacy notice explains how we will adhere to the GDPR by describing:.
- The details of the Data Controller and how to contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- The types of personal data we collect and how we use it
- Our purpose and legal basis for processing your data
- How and when we share data with Avante Care & Support and partners
- How and when we use your data for marketing purposes
- Your rights to request your personal data and how to do so
- How you can raise a complaint with the ICO
Who controls my personal data?
The Data Controller is Avante Care & Support
- Avante Care & Support is a UK registered company 2565021
- The registered address is Avante Care & Support, De Gelsey House, 1 Jubilee Way, Faversham ME13 8GD
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Data Protection Officer, Ms D Pert
- You can contact the Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avante Care & Support is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our purpose and legal basis for processing your data
Avante Care & Support collects the personal data of the following types of people:
- Employees and volunteers
- Those who use our services
- Business connections
What data will you give to us or will we collect from you?
- You provide us with your personal data by by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, on our website or online, or otherwise, by subscribing to our services, sharing your details at meetings with us, attending our events, participating in discussion boards or other forums and functions, by entering a survey or by reporting a problem with our website or by voluntarily providing your personal information directly to Avante Care & Support at any other time e.g. giving us your business card.
- The types of personal data we collect may vary according to its purpose, we typically collect information such as: your full name, telephone number, email address, postal address. We will also record any other relevant professional or personal information which is relevant to your relationship with Avante Care & Support
- Personal Data may also include links to professional sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, FaceBoook or our website
- We will also produce summary notes from meetings that may be circulated to attendees
What Information do we obtain from other sources?
What are the purposes and legal basis for our processing?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter or have entered between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to you or to your organisation.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased, been provided with, or enquired about.
- Our main legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation, and consent for specific uses of data.
- We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into an agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
- We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligation, for example, our statutory obligation as an employer
- We will in some circumstances rely on consent for uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent e.g. before sharing your details with a third party
Our Legitimate Business Interests
- To provide services to those who use our services
- To manage employee and contractor relationships
- To manage our organisational rights and obligations
- Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data, we will request your consent, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this processing at any time
Other uses we will make of your data
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, security, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our communication that we have with you and others, and to deliver relevant information to you
- We do not undertake automated decision making or profiling. We do use our computer systems to search and identify personal data in accordance with parameters set by a person. A person will always be involved in the decision-making process
Who will have access to your data inside and outside of European Economic Area (EEA)?
- We do not foresee that we will share your personal information with any third parties outside of the EEA. In the unlikely event that changes, we will notify you in good time.
Will your data be used for marketing?
- We will only send you information about our products and services that are relevant to you
- We may send the communication in several ways including email and post
- When you register your details with us we will ask your preferences on receiving communications, you also have the right to change your preferences at any time by phone or email
Where will we store and process your personal data?
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we retain your data?
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data that you are happy for us to retain and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests or to satisfy legal, accounting or reporting requirements. Accordingly, remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- We keep in touch with you, so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
- We may archive part or all your personal data or retain it on our financial systems. We may pseudonymise parts of your data, particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, to ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so
- For your information, pseudonymised Data is created by taking identifying fields within a database and replacing them with artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms
How safe is your data?
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data
- We use electronic safeguards including firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software to protect your data
- Only authorised staff have access to personal data and are appropriately trained and supported by policies and procedures for handling personal data
- For payments, we do not retain your full card details and always require you to provide the last three digits of the security code to process a payment
- We do not recommend or guarantee the safety of your payment details sent to us electronically via email
What are your rights to your personal data?
- You have the right to request copies of any personal data held by us.
- To receive a copy of your personal data please send your written request to the Data Controller at Avante Care & Support, De Gelsey House, 1 Jubilee Way, Faversham ME13 8GD
- We will provide you with a hard copy of your personal data held
- You will not be charged for your personal data request
- Your data will be returned within 40 days of receiving the request
- We will require proof of identity
- You also have the right to the following:
- The right to prevent data being processed for direct marketing
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, erased, or destroyed
- You have the right to make a complaint to a supervisory body, which in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office. The ICO can be contacted through this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You will have the following additional rights under the GDPR:
- The right to object to processing that is likely to cause, or is causing damage or distress.
- The right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data suppressed, rectified, blocked, erased, or destroyed.
- You can enforce these rights by contacting the Data Controller.